More front end tear down…

Standard

Solving the eccentric pin issue allowed me to move forward with the removal of the fork sliders. I was surprised how much fork oil was in the forks, probably around 150ccs each, nice oily surprise. When I removed the fork sliders I realized how damaged they were from the accident, but the stanchions looked great. I will end up taking them off down the road, rolling them on a piece of glass and seeing how straight they are. The right fork slider was much more damaged than the left, but the left one had some damage as well, so I replaced them both. I had purchased a whole new front end for this bike, a used, but new to me front end and so I replaced the damaged fork sliders with the much better ones that I had bought separately.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s